Manager – Network Planning & Facilities – Covista Communications, Chattanooga, TN - Nov. '09 - present
Prior positions: Supervisor – Network Provisioning Oct. '07 – Nov. '09 / Network Provisioner - Nov. '05 – Oct. '07
- Achieved network facilities cost savings of over $55,000 in monthly recurring charges through facility grooms, network facility replacements, and facility decommissions.
- Implement network strategy directives from executive management.
- Prepare detailed reports on facilities costs and network projects for executive review.
- Manage sourcing requests for network and customer circuits (retail and wholesale) using proprietary software and systems and email/phone contact with carriers and vendors.
- Manage all porting operations (port-ins, port-outs) via TNS SOA (NPAC) and Verizon SIP Gateway Portfolio.
- Complete circuit design objectives using available network resource assignments and meeting company pricing/margin guidelines.
- Work extensively with carrier routing, translations, network operations (NOC), and customer service on customer trouble reports and general technical issues.
- Design complex routing schemes between traditional TDM and soft-switches by working with engineering and carrier wholesale teams to test and implement effective cost-saving policies and solutions.
- Audit vendor invoices for accuracy in billing for ordered circuits and network services.
- Complete customer and vendor SIP interoperability tests to ensure production services will function at desired quality levels.
- Configure Nextone MSX and Genband S3 realms, endpoints, and calling plans for retail/wholesale customer and vendor SIP traffic.
- Configure Metaswitch subscriber entries for POTS, T1, and SIP services.
Network and Computer Consultant – Self-employed - Chattanooga, TN June 2005 – Current (part-time)
- Provide network and computer consulting services to small businesses and residential customers.
- Perform new computer system setup, system upgrades and maintenance, hardware/software installation and troubleshooting, and technology recommendations.
Network Operations Technician II – Covista Communications, Chattanooga, TN Oct. ’02 – Oct. ‘05
- Served as lead technician for Covista’s Network Operations group.
- Analyzed network routing and performed moves/adds/changes in Alcatel/DSC DEX 600E switch and SCP databases.
- Modified switch routing tables based on least cost routing guidelines and built/modified trunk translations, toll free numbers, and calling cards.
- Created, worked, and resolved network trouble tickets via Remedy ticket management software.
- Communicated extensively with customers, vendors, LECs, CLECs, and IXCs to troubleshoot and resolve network problems and outages.
- Monitored and handled resolution of all switch site and office facility alarms including AC/DC primary power systems, HVAC, switched network routing/call processing errors, circuit outages, and network fraud detection systems.
- Performed periodic traffic analysis on network circuits (inter-machine trunks, FGD tandem connections, carrier terminations, retail circuits) to maintain optimum network capacity usage.
- Provided support, guidance, and additional training for Level I NOC technicians.
Telecommunications Technician I - MCI WorldCom Inc., Norristown, PA July '00 - March ’02
- As a member of WorldCom's Mid-Atlantic transport install group, provided operations support for all intra-city MFS network circuits within five northeast US cities.
- Monitored and controlled circuit order progress from order entry through test and turn-up.
- Analyzed circuit records (CLR/DLR) to ensure conformity to WorldCom design standards.
- Reduced mileage and optimized network capacity usage through re-design of circuit engineering.
- Utilized circuit design records and TL1 network transaction language to build/break cross connects and provision DSx/OCn level circuits in Titan 5500 and Alcatel 1630/1631/CS1L DACS systems.
- Tested continuity of circuits with field technicians and customer contacts using various digital testing programs and test sets (Centest, Crosstalk, REACT2001, Network Management Tools, Integrated Testing Systems).
- Created, tracked, and resolved trouble tickets on network and customer circuit failures/outages.